Monday, February 7, 2011

Julia's Heart for Missions...um, yeah....

This morning while getting ready to school, Julia ran across the invitation to her dedication service, which is similar to a christening or baby baptism except no water is involved. It's more about us as parents promising before our church family to raise our child in a home that loves God and seeks His will for our family....

I read the invitation to Julia and she goes..."I wish I would've been there."

I replied, "Sweetie, you were there. You were just a baby though....When you new brother is born you get to go up to the front of the sanctuary with us as his big sister. Won't that be fun?"

"YES!" she smiled with her blue eyes shining. "The sanctuary! That's where I want to do missions!"

My Jesus loving heart skipped a beat....My little girl wanting to do missions! I had visions of her serving the poor, the hungry...Giving clothes to the needy, etc.

"Oh Julia that's wonderful! What kind of missions work do you think you'd want to do?"

"Well, I'll start in the balcony...crawl across the back to the light switches....turn those off and run down the stairs to the stage where no one can see me....''

She continued on and on....ending with jumping out and scaring somebody....

Seriously, Rachel? Do you know your child, at all?

She definitely is more of a "Mission: Impossible"-type girl...but I do trust God has great plans for her despite it or maybe involving it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment