Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wii are Learning to Lose....

This past Christmas we got a Wii...Maybe a little behind the curve, but with younger kids I didn't think they'd have too much fun with it and I definitely didn't want to lose my husband to Mario Cart, etc.

Anyway, it has been so much fun! While I'm not that into playing it, I love watching Jason and Julia go up against each other and up until recently Josh has been content to pretend he's playing with them.

Last night, it all changed. God only knows how, but Josh has learned how to play the Wii golf trainer...you know, where you hit the ball onto the big targets.

Not only did he learn how to play, he somehow beats the heck out of Julia's score...everytime...and we have learned that hell hath no fury like Julia losing to her 2 yr old brother.

After the 3rd consecutive loss, she hurled her remote to the front door, walked over to an oblivious Joshua and gave him a 1-2 Rocky Balboa knock to the head. He cried and she was swiftly picked up by my 6.5 mth pregnant self and dragged up the stairs into her room for a very firm talking to...

I love that she hates to lose, but teaching her losing is ok, inevitable and absolutely no excuse to go psycho on her brother is going to take some work. I told her next time she doesn't win to tell Josh "good job." She said, "No way." So I told her she could add "but I'm going to beat you next time," which made her smile a little.

Unfortunately or fortunately, she has some time to perfect her response as she is in a Wii time-out for the next few days....as Josh continues to perfect his swing....

No comments:

Post a Comment