Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Maybe I Should Change....

.... the title of my blog to "The Julia Saga."

((and I'm really hoping that and laughing prematurely if anyone thinks my title was a political **thing**))



My family, friends, and random acquaintances all know I'm conservative. I value limited govenment, fiscally and socially. I believe in a place where the beauty of giving is giving unforced. I put a lot of weight in hard work being rewarded and hand outs being temporary help, not a lifestyle to settle for. :)

Julia.... This girl just wants to win. She digs her heals in whatever issue is at hand and could be one of the worst winners and sorest losers I have ever encountered.

So, this morning, the thought of telling her the outcome of the Presidential election kind of made me shudder. We had been to see Mitt Romney when he came to our town. She held up his signs. Wore his button proudly and boo'd the name of Obama any chance she got (except when around my family knowing their die-hard Romney-ness, she loved sparking a debate).

She went with me to vote and then stayed up last night as long as her tired eyes would let her...waiting to see if Romney she won.

I walked into her room about 6:30am. I saw her lying in the dark, eyes wide open and sucking her thumb.

"Mitt Romney lost, didn't he?" first words out of her mouth staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah....but how did you know?"

"I could feel it. I just knew...But the Purple and Blue Unicorns won at school yesterday, so it's ok. I still win."

Talk about anti-climatic. But I'll take anti-climatic over its antonym anyday with this girl. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment