Friday, February 5, 2010

SAHM 911

So I stayed at home today...for the first time without Jason since October...and I'm freaking out a little...let me tell you why...

October to February, I work full time for a national tax prep. franchisor as a Media Buyer. I put marketing plans together for 22 markets based on our target demo, then negotiate contracts with TV and Radio stations getting the most umph! for our dollars. Once the spots start to air, I track the ROI repsonse making sure the stations perform at an acceptable level based on phone calls generated by each station. I know you wanted to know all that!

So the end of February is quickly approaching and by 9am today, I realized the harsh reality that I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM!

Joshua is teething and is uber-sensitive to every move I make. I told him I had to go potty and he threw himself into hysterics banging his head on the floor. The only times he actually was not clinging to my feet were when I was holding him (which I love, but can't do it all day) or when Clifford was on (and I'm not the "let the TV baby-sit my baby all day" type tempting as it may be).

Julia just runs the house with the occasional walk-by assault on her brother's head while I'm trying to get some house work done and keep up on work issues that need my attention.

So these past few hours have me in a virtual panic thinking of the next 7 months. This will be my life everyday. Even writing it makes my chest tighten.

Please know that I LOVE MY CHILDREN with my whole heart and most of me cannot wait to be the mom I want to be - the kind that stays home teaching them new things, taking them new (free) places and taking care of them as I know time goes all too fast.

Ok. I'm breathing easier now...

So here is my ramble of a blog post...

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better even us stay at home, homeschooling moms feels like that some days. You just have to get used to your new normal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does make me feel better! I just really need to get a routine/plan ready instead of waking up each day w/no agenda...other than the obvious agenda - "Survival" :)

    ReplyDelete