Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3rd Time's a .......Hmmmm?


So if you haven't heard (or read previous post) - Yes! We are having another baby! We've known for some time now, so the reality is gradually sinking in...despite my countless blood draws, 2 extra dr. appts., 3 ultrasounds, constant nausea, random barfing, bedtime at 8:30pm and general crankiness with the world.

Aside from that, we are just so excited! Julia is certain it is a girl to be named Charlotte (after Charlotte's Web) or Sophia (after idk) - but she informed me sweetly that if God gives us another boy that it'd be ok. Joshua is completely and understandably oblivious on how his world is about to get rocked, though I am confident that he, being the lover-boy he is, is going to be a great big bro.

I hate to admit it, but I'm totally on Team Pink! Joshua is the sweetest, most wonderful little boy God ever created (I'm biased, I know) - but he has a built in older bro in the form of his fun cousin Owen, and a built in BFF in the form of his little cousin (who is about as sweet as himself) Griffin. Three grandsons on my side also gives my dad a perfect 4-some to take golfing.

This leaves Julia - the lone princess - which does have some perks, but growing up with 3 sisters, I am a firm believer that every girl needs a sister. She does have wonderful cousins on Jason's side who live out of the area, which makes holidays and get togethers so fun, but oh how I would love for her to have a sister to grow up with!
So this brings me to the issue of "Do we find out???"

We have all the boy things we need and all the girl things we need, so preparation is minimal. No need to read up on taking care of circumcisions or girlie parts. We have the basics covered. I've heard from those who waited that it is one of life's greatest surprises - which I agree, but isn't it a fun surprise at 20 weeks, too?

I'm about 80% sure we will find out, but as this is most-likely (or as Jason would say "definitely") our last baby, I can't help but imagine the excitement in the delivery room waiting to find out if it's a boy or a girl (ie Rehearsal Dinner or Wedding :)

Thankfully, we have a little bit of time before deciding to or not to....I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

  1. So, if you've found out on both Julia and Joshua, then why not make it a delivery room surprise!!?? Really, its something you should experience, in my opinion.... but you are right, its still a surprise at 20weeks, so I'll leave the decision up to you ;P Congratulations! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete