Thursday, September 17, 2009

To Death


While I could be happy my child really didn't say this, part of me finds this little snip-it so hilarious, I really wish she had....

Several months ago, I offered to watch the children of a good friend while her father was having serious health issues. They are 3 of the cutest little kids you can imagine - a big brother and two sisters....

After the second day, the novelty of new friends had worn out. I packed all 5 (her 3 + my 2) in the van and headed to the mall's indoor playground.

Immediately, some child-bickering lit up. Julia vs. the others, and after listening in for a few minutes, I silently joined the "others" team - Julia was being a stinker.

After 5 min of who's better/faster/bigger/taller, the little 3 year perched up, squinted her eyes and gave Julia a Bible-beatin'-talkin'-to.

"If you are mean," she preached emphatically, "Jesus takes you to Death!"

Then there was silence.

Months later and I'm still laughing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment