Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Toilet Paper Negotiator



Like most mothers of toddlers, having to use the restroom is a God-given break for sanity, privacy, regrouping, etc. That 90 sec to do what I gots to do sometimes is all I need to get back in the game til Jason gets home...

One particular day, I must have been so ready to escape the chaos, that I went into the bathroom, sat down, started to *tinkle* before I realized there was no toilet paper...ugh.

Peaking outside the door, I could see little Julia sitting so quietly (which she was NOT doing beforehand) on the love seat watching tv.

"Julia, sweetie, would you mind getting Mommy a napkin from the table please? Silly mommy doesn't have any toilet paper." I playfully asked her.

"No, Mommy. I'm watching my shows" came the cold reply w/out even looking at me.

"Julia...Mommy has no toilet paper...please, can you help me out?"

"No, I can't."

From here my playfulness changed into desperation....

"Julia, pa-lease bring me a napkin! I'll give you 3 M&Ms :) "

"4 M&M's" she demanded obviously knowing I was stuck.

Desperation turned to anger...

"Julia Kalyce Ennis, You go right now and bring me a napkin, young lady!"

Finally she looked at me and with a little head-shaking attitude upped the ante, "5 M&Ms."

Yes, my child really said that.

Anger turned to laughter....

"Fine" I relented, just happy to be free.

Laughter turned to pride - My little negotiator!

2 comments:

  1. That is great! She knows when to strike while the iron is hot!!!
    I'm putting you on my blog friends because your blogs are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete