Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Diversion

So it's 2010. Writing the year 2010 kind of makes me feel like I'm writing about a sci-fi novel. I mean, have any of you seen Back to the Future Part 2? Remember Marty going ahead in the future to the year 2015? Are flying cars really only 5 year away?

As I look ahead to the next 364 days, my emotions are a little mixed. In 2 months, I'm making an "employment change" that has me constantly swinging from absolute delight to paralyzing fear. I think of people dear to me to whom this year brings change and growth. My sweet Julia starts kindergarten this fall and I know I'll be a basket case. Joshua will turn 2 in June and witnessing my baby turn into a chatty toddler makes my heart melt. Jason and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage June 30. Thinking about how I've been married 1/3 of my life is both sobering as I'm really getting older! - and exhilarating knowing our love story continues as beautiful as ever. While my mind is trying to wrap around all the possibilities, I am trying to look at 2010 as a clean slate - nothing is concrete except the relieving fact that God is in control. From jobs to health to family to friends, He's it, when you let Him be it.

May this year bring us all peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment