Sunday, January 17, 2010

Where in the World is Humpster?

You're probably wondering who is Humpster...Let me give a little background before going into why I am so confused as to where he is....

Several months ago, Julia was playing with her Barbie and Ken doll. They were in the middle of getting married when I asked her what her Barbie's name was (I am a proponent of naming Barbies something besides "Barbie"...I don't know why). She said "Ella." Cute. Then I asked her what Ken's name was. She took a second, looked up and smiled. "I think his name is 'Humster'." I was rolling. The thought of the male doll upstairs in her closet of naked DD Barbie's was too much for me to not bust out laughing - though I promise I was protective of Julia's innocent mind.

Fast forward to this Christmas - We had family and friends over several times and I can't remember when/who, but after one of the many get-togethers, Humpster ended up with out a head. Julia was devastated and I promised her we'd find another Humpster to marry Ella.

Since then, I have been looking for a Ken doll at every store we go to...Target, Walmart, Kroger, Kohls and more - - NO ONE HAS A KEN DOLL! Has there been a re-call? Has a pycho bought up all the inventory? Is a militant feminist holding them hostage?

I have found him on Amazon, but srsly, does anyone know why he is MIA in all the toy stores?

...just a weird ramble of a blog....I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment