Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh Julia.

So Joanna (my new co-worker, car poolist and sister) and I took Julia to school the other day. Just as I had turned out of the school I realized that I still had her car seat...so I whipped into the second entrance, pulled in the drive and asked Jo to hop out and put her seat under the front desk as we always do when someone else picks Julia up....

As Joanna did this, little Mrs. Hayes (who has to be pushing 80) turns around and ask Joanna (who she has never met) if there is a name on the car seat. There are, after all, 70+ children at her pre-school. Joanna says "No, it's Julia Ennis' seat. Should I write it on there?"

Mrs. Hayes smiles with her eyes twinkling, "No, we all pretty much know who Julia is."

Joanna responds, "Yes, I'm sure you all do."

1 comment: