Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween - What to Be?


I LOVE trick-or-treat! I can't help it!

Being raised in a pretty conservative family who saw Halloween as a gray area (at best) to be avoided, left my childhood full of Christian school skate party memories and empty dreams of candy-filled pumpkin baskets...In all seriousness, I am not bitter and commend my sweet parents for doing what they saw best, though I can't help but say, now having moved on to the parent position myself, they might have missed out on a lot, too, seeing the happiness it could have brought us :)

So, because of my love for them (and myself), I get to let them see how incredibly freaking fun trick-or-treat can be by way of their grandkids. I am so nice, I know.

Joshua is at the magical age where he doesn't care who he is - which is definitely my favorite Halloween stage. We're thinking about making him a doctor...hoping to push his career choices so that I have a nice sized mother-in-law suite when the time comes.

Julia is in another stage...Hannah Montana mania has hit way too prematurely and I am trying to manipulate every ounce of pressure she may put on me to give in and buy the ridiculous wig. Right now, I have her convinced she should be a nurse, since Josh is the dr. I might even be persuaded to allow her to be a nurse w. Hannah Montana hair if that's what it takes....we'll see.

That leaves me...I am so lost this year. I try to keep it simple and cheap/free. I've beena cat and butterfly...either way, yes, I do dress up. I have many years to make for!

Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment