Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pretty if Pink

So a few months ago, Julia was hanging out with me as I was getting ready for the day. As usual, she was Miss Chitty Chatty and as usual I took it in stride.

(((next paragraph borders on TMI)))

So as I am putting my shirt on, Julia spots the "love lines" (aka stretch marks) Joshua's whooping 8 lb5 oz babiness had left on the sides of my stomach. There aren't many, but I cannot lie and say they don't exist...

"Whoa, mommy! What are those?" pointing to the light pink proof of my motherhood.

"Well, because Joshua was soooo big in mommie's tummy, my skin stretched to make sure he had enough room."

Pat answer - intentionally pat. Thank you for the reminder, Julia....

I looked down at her and she was smiling... at the sides of my stomach. Huh?

"Wow, mommy. They are soooo pretty!" she whispered in almost jealous wonderment of how lucky I was.

So I took the opportunity to let her know that one day when she gets to be a mommy she'll have "pretty" pink lines on her body, too. I'm sure she can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment