Monday, October 12, 2009

The Weekend of All Weekends!

I am making a mental note that the 2nd weekend of October is my favorite weekend of the entire year! It is a perfect mix of jacket weather and fall colors. Then, when you add an afternoon Mommy-Julia date plus a night time bon fire with all my sisters and co., it's just a win-win-win-winner of a time!

Saturday afternoon, Julia and I went exploring downtown Lebanon. We ate lunch at the Golden Lamb (one of my favorite places to eat). It's a nice restaurant and the aura must have hit Julia as she, for the first time in her life, placed a cloth napkin on her lap by herself w/out even being asked. We sat for 30 minutes or so chatting and laughing...I told her stories of the old building and how I used to work there when I was in school. She listened so intently and could hardly wait for the check so we could go explore the hotel rooms up-stairs.

After wandering the hotel and museum, we went to the library and got some books and then hit the Broadway antique stores. She was in love with it all. Each booth brought more questions and imaginations of how people "used to use these things." It was if we were the only people in the world...Truly, moments I hope to never forget.

The date ended with a Signature Hazelnut Hot Chocolate from Starbucks....perfect...


That night my parents hosted a bon fire :) All of my sisters were in town and that definitely called for a party! My dad hooked up a "wagon" to his John Deere and Jason took the kids on a hay ride. Joshua wasn't so sure about the wagon, but had fun sitting on Daddy's lap driving.


While I am never quite ready for Monday, this weekend was extra-specially hard to say good-bye to.

No comments:

Post a Comment